Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy 2014!

Hello lovely people, and Happy New Year!!



I haven't posted in what seems like forever, but the past month or so has been crazily busy in the best kind of way.

So I thought I'd do a little New Year's post just to get 2014 off to a good start!

2013 has probably been both my best and worst year so far. The first half of this year, I was feeling pretty lonely, confused about what I wanted to do and whether I was getting any closer to achieving whatever that was. I reached the heaviest weight I've ever been and just generally felt really low.

Then, I decided I needed a change. I went on a brilliant holiday in July with my best friend, and once I got back, finally went through with dyeing my hair! Sounds a bit daft, but after being blonde for my entire life, becoming brunette was quite a change! Then, all kinds of great stuff started happening. 

I got the position of fashion blogger at beautiful handmade jewellery website Jewellery Moments, which lead to me attending Durham Fashion Week, as well as starting my internship at the brilliant digital web agency Digitia; both are incredibly exciting experiences that have finally gave me some faith in myself! I have also lost a stone and a half in the past few months and dropped a dress size simply thanks to a more positive attitude: sounds like a shallow achievement but it has made me a LOT more comfortable with myself, and encouraged me to keep going and lose even more!

Best of all, I met my beautiful and amazingly talented boyfriend, JamesWho knew that even after witnessing my ridiculously awkward dancing on a night out, someone might actually be interested? We've now been together almost 4 months, had an incredible trip to Edinburgh, and spent New Years Eve watching fireworks in Newcastle, and I can safely say that he has made me happier than I ever expected to be! (I know, I know, pass the bucket. But I assure you, it's true.)



So here's to 2014. I have a feeling it is going to be the most exciting year yet....

How did you celebrate the New Year? What are your highlights of 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment