Monday 27 January 2014

Couture SS14 // Valentino's Fairytale Opera

Image from celebmafia.com

Hello!

You may have noticed all the extravagance and glamour of Couture Fashion Week occurring recently; I haven't had time to fully examine all the shows, but the genius that is Valentino most definitely caught my attention, so I thought I'd share my favourite bits with you. I know, I only just spouted about my adoration for them and their SS14 ready to wear show in this post, but I couldn't not talk about this incredible collection!

The location and runway were transformed into a forest wonderland, with deer and butterflies scattered across the walls to set the scene. And the dresses? Mesmerising. Some were slinky plain fabric, draped exquisitely, some were delicate layers of ballerina-style tulle with frills and embellished snakes and peacocks entwined about the body, and others were sheer lacy ballgowns embroidered with various wildlife. The dewy, fresh-faced models were like fairytale princesses in an earthy palette of browns, blacks and mossy green; simply beautiful.









Sexy and feminine, yet girlish and magical. There's something about those 3D butterflies across the decolletage and a transparent skirt printed with a music staff that got my heart racing.

Thank you, St. Valentino.

Images of the runway from the Vogue website; see the full collection and show report here.

What were your favourite couture week moments?

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment