Wednesday 21 August 2013

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Venom




Hello everyone!

Another lipstick post, and this is seriously just the tip of the iceberg in terms of my collection guys.

But THIS lipstick is a wee bit more high end than I normally go for, so it's a big deal!

Urban Decay is renowned for its eyeshadows and other eye products, but until now has been lacking in the lips department. Enter, the Revolution Lipstick collections. 

I read about these lipsticks on a ton of beauty blogs, including What I Heart Today, Vivianna Does Makeup and The London Lipgloss, and it was Zoe's post that first introduced me to the shade that would appear in my dreams (no joke) until I purchased it, Venom. It looks a little lighter on me than her, but I think I just have generally pale lips.

Apologies again for the spotty face!


It's a gorgeous plum-purple-wine colour, perfect for achieving that vampy, just bitten look. I know dark purples like this are kinda daunting, but I think they just look incredible with smoky amber eyes or a slick of liquid eyeliner, especially seeing as A/W is on the way!

The pigmentation is freaking amazing in these things, and lasts a good few hours on me. Thanks to the blend of oils, cocoa and shea butter in them, they are super creamy too, and feel really comfortable and moisturising. The packaging is also seriously cool, with a faceted gunmetal case with signature Urban Decay purple lining, it is dead on for a mid-range product. This will definitely be a staple for my beauty regime once autumn starts.

Will you be investing in one of the new Urban Decay Lipsticks?

Check out my eBay sale, Facebook page, and follow me on Bloglovin' if you have a minute!


(This product was purchased by myself and reviewed honestly)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, great blog!

    I've nominated you for a Leibster award over on my blog!
    xo

    http://theoliviajayne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete