Wednesday 14 August 2013

Rihanna x River Island AW13

Scrolling through my emails earlier, I happened across the first pictures of Rihanna's new collection for River Island on the VOGUE website, here.

After the insane success of the previous collection, AW13 seems to be following in the same vein; there's a sporty, androgynous feel, with mesh, camouflage print and bold stripes being the key themes. There's leather too, and most of the items come with 'RIRI G4LIFE' bands across them, which isn't really up my street but adds to the urban vibe. 

Here's some campaign shots:










And here's a couple of my picks from the collection:


Red Limited Edition Leather Mesh Jumper / £80

Camouflage Cropped T-Shirt / £25
Baseball Top / £40 


Mesh Cropped Top / £25

Although most of the collection isn't really what I personally would wear, it is definitely striking and will look incredible in the stores and on the right person, that just isn't me haha! I am loving mesh at the moment, so those are my favourite bits.

The collection will land in two drops, September and November, and is sure to be another mega success! You can read the full VOGUE article here.

Here's a behind the scenes video:




Are you a fan of the new collection?
Which pieces will you be wearing?


(All images from Vogue UK website)

No comments:

Post a Comment