Monday 28 January 2013

Screen Actors Guild Awards

Last night was the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles, with lots of lovely film stars and beautiful dresses to be seen! 

Here's some of the winners:

Film

Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook







Jennifer Lawrence took home the award for best actress after her performance as Tiffany in Silver Linings Playbook, a drama attempting to tackle the issue of mental health. I read mixed reviews of the film, but never actually got round to watching it! However, I love Jennifer's refreshing acting style, seen in The Hunger Games and X Men: First Class, so I'm sure it's a deserved win. I also love her navy blue Dior Couture dress, simple jewellery and movie star red lips! 

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln




From the reviews I've heard, Daniel Day-Lewis does an understated yet stunning job of playing the iconic Abraham Lincoln in Stephen Spielberg's new epic. 

Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables







The beautiful Anne Hathaway is said to steal the show during her limited screentime in Les Mis with her rendition of 'I Dreamed a Dream'. Her pixie crop of hair goes perfectly with her black mesh detail Giambattisa Valli dress; Anne is one of my favourite actresses so I'm really glad she won!

TV

Best Actress in a drama series: Claire Danes in Homeland




Best Actor in a drama series: Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad




These are two series that I know I really should be watching (shame on me!) but I just haven't gotten round to it! I'll make it a New Years Resolution to catch up on them, I promise.

Here's some of the gorgeous red carpet looks:



The Impossible's Naomi Watts in an intricately embellished Marchesa gown, with Hollywood-glamour blonde waves and scarlet lips. Love the boxy clutch bag! 



Jessica Chastain matches her fiery locks with a bright red strapless Alexander McQueen gown. I hope to see and review her new film Zero Dark Thirty soon!



Helen Hunt looked incredible in this molten silver dress from Romona Keveza with a Swarovski clutch bag.




Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries (which might be one of my favourite TV shows!) goes for simple but effective in a summery, hot pink Elie Saab dress.



....aaaand I just had to get a little bit of Eddie Redmayne in there, mainly because I love him. And his freckles.

Thanks for reading!

Sophie.

(pictures from www.vogue.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment